Maps held in East Riding of Yorkshire Council's archive collection provide a useful resource for perusing the extent of land lost through coastal erosion.
The archive includes a full set of mid-nineteenth century maps (the original Ordnance Survey) at a scale of 6 inches to the mile. Later surveys are partial in coverage but offer a scale of 25 inches to the mile and are generally in better condition.
Below are direct links to sheets. If an error message appears on the ERYC page then try another browser or use the
129. Flamborough Head
146. Bridington to Auburn
163. Earls Dyke to Skipsea Green Lane
180. Skipsea Cliff Road to north of Hornsea
197. Hornsea North to south of Mappleton
213. Great Colden to south of Ringbrough
228. Grimston to Waxholme
243. Owthorne to Holmpton
257. Holmpton Old Hive to Kilnsea North Marshes
269. Kilnsea to Spurn Point
more on East Yorkshire coastal erosion
Prepared by Brian Williams, August 2014.